Young Professionals of HSI is a diverse group of 20 and 30 Somethings, who live and/or work in Morris County. Young Professionals offers volunteers hands-on opportunities to learn about Board service, work as a group to plan projects and network with other young professionals.
The mission of the Young Professionals is to engage, empower and educate future young leaders of Morris County about the challenges facing the homeless and working poor. Through education, fundraising and networking initiatives, the group learns about issues affecting the community and directly helps their neighbors in need.
Within the group, we have a Young Professionals Advisory Council that meets two to three times each year.
- To raise awareness about homelessness, affordable housing and the work of HSI.
- To serve as ambassadors in the community.
- To work together to create interesting social events and fundraising opportunities.
Community Service & Events
Group volunteer activities include –
- dinner preparation at the shelter,
- birthday parties for the shelter children,
- game day for the families and children,
- spring planting/landscaping,
- spring/fall clean-up,
- “Happy Hour for a Cause”, where young leaders socialize and network while giving back by donating specific gift cards for the shelter families,
- Fundraising events to raise money for our shelter programs,
- Networking events to build business relationships, and
- Executive round-tables that are educational and mentoring in nature for the purpose of personal and professional growth.
Check out the fun we had at our most recent Young Professionals Wine Tasting!
Interested in Joining the Group?
The group meets once a month at various locations in and around Morristown. Contact Lacey Berdela at (973) 993-0900 x25 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.