Washington Township Location
The Drakestown Road Apartments, Washington Township
The Drakestown Road Apartments provide state-of-the-art energy efficient homes in a great school district and close to retail and other amenities. There are two one-bedroom units, six two-bedroom units, and two three-bedroom units. Apartments range in price to be affordable for very low and low income households.
The project was designed and built to be the first nonprofit-developed multi-family residential project in New Jersey to attain the LEED Platinum designation, the highest green building designation. The building received its LEED Platinum certification in November 2014. Examples of green building aspects include but are not limited to:
- constructing the units with insulated concrete forms;
- installing solar panels to offset electric usage;
- constructing Energy Star rated buildings;
- using cement board siding instead of vinyl;
- recycling the demolition materials and waste from the construction where possible;
- utilizing low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) paints and caulks;
- installing bamboo flooring instead of carpeting;
- using high efficiency toilets, faucets, and shower-heads;
- utilizing compact LED lighting;
- recycling collection areas in each unit.