Director of Housing Development
The Director of Housing Development will provide vision and oversight for the development, management, and financing of affordable rental housing and other projects that help address homelessness and affordable housing in Morris County, NJ. The role includes supervision of Housing Development staff to ensure a high level of support and services to our tenants. The Director is the lead for project concepts, site selection and acquisition, project approvals, financing, construction, and lease-up. We seek an experienced self-starter who can hit the ground running with an existing pipeline, and take ownership for growing this important component of our organization. Responsibilities also include advocating for affordable housing in the community and partnering with other organizations.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in a senior role with proven results in successfully taking projects from concept to completion in a lead role. Experience across a range of functions, from supervising staff and contractors, negotiating with government officials and representatives, to financing deals is required for this position.
Resume and salary requirements may be forwarded to Kari Szary at KariSzary@hsinj.org
Residential Support Staff
Reports to: Shelter AdministratorPosition Status: Part time – every other weekend position, with additional hours available – $12.50/hour
Provide guest services and assist in the smooth safe and effective operation of the shelter. Tasks include, but not limited to the following:
- Routine paperwork.
- Daily census/attendance sheets
- Chore lists
- Transportation lists
- Communication log and Daily Flow report
- Provide house management tasks which include:
- Conduct phone screens.
- Enforce basic hygiene.
- Conduct drug and alcohol testing.
- Conduct searches for contraband.
- Distribute and record medicine administration.
- Performed security checks every hour.
- Monitor smoke breaks.
- Monitor rooms/common area nightly for cleanliness.
- Assign chores and supervise completion.
- Provide guest transportation.
- Assist Volunteers, Volunteer Manager and/or prepare meals when necessary.
- Contact police, fire and rescue personnel in an emergency.
- Refer all Media to HSI President
- Participate in staff meetings and in service training.
High School Diploma, Minimum one year Resident Support work experience, Knowledge, skills and abilities: Valid driver’s license, Good oral, written and basic computer skills, Clean driving record and subject to satisfactory background checks, Regular and predictable attendance is required for this position. Physically capable of lifting and carrying supplies, up to 20 pounds, Ability to occasionally move about inside the residential housing facility. Clarity of vision at close and long ranges.
Resumes may be forwarded to Zule Tamariz at ZuleTamariz@hsinj.org