Homeless Solutions is a private non-profit organization providing shelter, services and supportive housing to homeless and low income people. The Digital Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator will provide deliberate, planned and sustained efforts to assess HSI’s relationship with its various public and engage through digital and print media as part of an outstanding non-profit Development team.
- Solicit, write and edit digital media content and bi-monthly Email News
- Create content and design for Website and all Social Media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube)
- Plan and conduct PR/Marketing campaigns using social media to increase followers
- Create and maintain print materials including Annual Report and community newsletters
- Write press releases, editorials and stories for publications while fostering positive relationships in the media community
- Organize and take photos that capture HSI’s mission to be used in all marketing platforms
- Serve as an articulate, professional ambassador for Homeless Solutions’ mission
BA in journalism, communications or related field preferred; Minimum 2 years digital marketing/public relations; Strong writing skills; Experience in website management and design with knowledge of WordPress and Online Express a plus; excellent communication and interpersonal skills with great attention to detail and accuracy; highly self-motivated with strong organizational skills; high level of current knowledge regarding social media platforms; valid driver’s license with reliable transportation; ability to attend occasional off site, outdoor or off hour events as needed; physically able to lift materials up to 25 pounds in the scope of the job. Employment offers subject to satisfactory background checks.
Please send salary requirements and resume by email only to KariSzary@hsinj.org
Residential Support Staff
Reports to: Shelter Administrator
Position Status: Part time – every other weekend position, with additional hours available – $12.50/hour
Provide guest services and assist in the smooth safe and effective operation of the shelter. Tasks include, but not limited to the following:
- Routine paperwork.
- Daily census/attendance sheets
- Chore lists
- Transportation lists
- Communication log and Daily Flow report
- Provide house management tasks which include:
- Conduct phone screens.
- Enforce basic hygiene.
- Conduct drug and alcohol testing.
- Conduct searches for contraband.
- Distribute and record medicine administration.
- Performed security checks every hour.
- Monitor smoke breaks.
- Monitor rooms/common area nightly for cleanliness.
- Assign chores and supervise completion.
- Provide guest transportation.
- Assist Volunteers, Volunteer Manager and/or prepare meals when necessary.
- Contact police, fire and rescue personnel in an emergency.
- Refer all Media to HSI President
- Participate in staff meetings and in service training.
High School Diploma, Minimum one year Resident Support work experience, Knowledge, skills and abilities: Valid driver’s license, Good oral, written and basic computer skills, Clean driving record and subject to satisfactory background checks, Regular and predictable attendance is required for this position. Physically capable of lifting and carrying supplies, up to 20 pounds, Ability to occasionally move about inside the residential housing facility. Clarity of vision at close and long ranges.